Wednesday, September 29, 2004

A little dusty in here, but that's ok. I'm starting to learn not to feel so guilty about doing everything so PERFECTLY in my life, and I guess that includes consistent blogging.

So great news is that 100% of the Wan family is steadily employed! What a praise and blessing from the Lord! Though this is my reminder that I should not let my dependancy stray away from the Him, but rather in all things lean on Him and His mercy.

In other news, the house is slowly, slowly, slowly coming together. We're almost done painting, and finally got our refrigerator a few weeks ago after 5-6 weeks of a college-reminiscent diet of ramen and eating out. With the struggle and process of home improvement projects I've been reminded of Proverbs 14:1 quite a bit: "The wise woman builds her house, but with her own hands the foolish one tears hers down." And in my case, it's interesting to see how this passage fleshes out quite literally in my heart. Even now I still struggle as the foolish woman--complaining, nagging, discontent, fretting over things the many unfinished projects in the house. As I try to "build" up our home our physical/literal house, the metaphorical house, which is the godliness of our family, is being torn down with my foolishness.

God has been faithful to teach me these lessons through my wonderful husband, as he truly desires to nurture me in godliness and spurs me on to grow in maturity and humbleness. Praise God for marriage, and His ever-wise ways to love His children!






1 Comments:

Blogger Bob said...

Welcome back :)

9:50 AM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home